Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Preparing FFJ - Fermented Fruit Juice

I decided to make FFJ yesterday  morning. Here are the materials that I used:
2 Kilos of Bananas and Papaya
Muscovado Sugar
Net Bag
Pail
A rock for crushing

1) First, I chopped the bananas and papayas into small pieces so I can pound them easily.


2) And then I added 500 grams of muscovado sugar and mixed it with the fruits using a piece of rock until it turned gooey and sludgy.



3) I transferred the mixture in a net bag ang placed it inside a pail. then i covered it with plastic. but i guess i should have covered it with brown paper instead.


4) Then I put the pail inside a broken jeep, beside my compost and vermi-tub.

And I also prepared the sili and Perla solution for my bell peppers to keep away aphids and bugs.

When I posted the photos on FB, people thought I was going to drink the juice! I didn't make it clear that it was for fertilizer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lectures and Webinars for May 2024

MAY 3 - Permaculture Designs in the Philippines, 47th SOLVE Urban Agriculture: Approaches in Boosting Yields and Nutritional Value, SEARCA v...