Monday, September 24, 2012

I Missed Our High School Agriculture Class

A day after pulling out the weeds, I checked the soil and cultivated it a bit. I had to remove a lot of plastic wrappers first.

I did a simple soil test that I learned from a handbook just to know if the soil had more clay or sand. You just grab a handful and squeeze the soil and see if it forms a ribbon. If it breaks, it has a lot of sand. I put the dried weeds that I left in the driveway and used it as mulch. I also did an all-original, "Soil Fatness Test." I threw a handful of tomato seeds in the raised and bed and observed if it would grow. It sprouted after a day but it never really grew because the broken jeep in front of the plot blocked all the sunlight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lectures and Webinars for May 2024

MAY 3 - Permaculture Designs in the Philippines, 47th SOLVE Urban Agriculture: Approaches in Boosting Yields and Nutritional Value, SEARCA v...