Friday, November 9, 2012

Improvised Mini Net Houses

I've noticed that it's been raining hard in the morning these past few days. I wanted to have a net house for my growing seedlings but I figured it would be too expensive for a small operation. I wondered if I could combine the principles behind netting an ampalaya and having a net house to protect the seedlings from harsh weather conditions. So what I did is take 5 net bags and put it over 5 plant pots. I used barbecue sticks to hold up the nets.

I planted eggplant, squash, tomato, and sitao this morning and laid the pots on a plot I have been working on with organic material for a month.

Here's a view of my mini net houses together with the other experimental plots and my neighbor's plots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The FMDS Perma GARDEN @ UP Open University

Welcome to the FMDS Perma GARDEN! Officially opened to the public on March 21, 2023, the garden serves as the physical centerpiece for UPOU’...