Friday, November 2, 2012

Gardening w/ My Natural Farming Neighbor

Here are the plots I prepared for my neighbor Matt. He has a burrito business.

Here are the oregano cuttings Matt planted on his plot.


I prepare these plots a month ago using the lasagna method.


This is my neighbor, Matt.


The first two plots from the left are prepared with the lasagna method and has decomposed for a month. The third plot is a new one and was tilled and planted on without and organic fertilizers. We planted oregano on both plots to see which oregano grows better.

* My neighbor worked in a natural farm. I looked at his handouts and manuals and saw that the methods are almost the same with organic agriculture. The only difference is that natural farmers defined OA differently, they assumed that OA farmers sometimes use synthetic fertilizers. We should teach people that this is not what real OA is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The FMDS Perma GARDEN @ UP Open University

Welcome to the FMDS Perma GARDEN! Officially opened to the public on March 21, 2023, the garden serves as the physical centerpiece for UPOU’...