Friday, June 6, 2014

Kainos Week 20: Field of Marigolds and Other Fun Farm Activities

After mulching this bed in Garden 1, I made small round spaces for our seedlings. Then I put some compost from Ato Belen's Farm. 

First time we saw the Duhat tree bear fruit. Makes a delightful and convenient snack!

This is Garden 1 in Zone 2 of Kainos Farm. Garden 1 has 12 raised beds dedicated to Cafe Antonio. We will grow veggies such as arugula, lettuce, carrots, sweet basil, and a lot more in this small space. Of course, all the beds are mulched in Yummy Dayami care of Tara Farms!

I've been growing herbs for two years now. This technique was taught to me by my neighbor, Mat Dans. So far it's been doing well. Now I'm trying it in Kainos Farm. Thanks Mat!

Since one of the buildings didn't have a gutter, I put a drum underneath the edge of the polycarbonate sheet roof and tried to catch as much water as I can. It was full minutes before the rain stopped.

It's doesn't look like much in this photo but I planted a LOT of marigolds along the edges of our water catchment. I'll take a photo of this again when the flowers are blooming!

1 comment:

  1. i like what you are doing. hope to visit your farm and observe. can you share some seedlings for my small garden? thanks....mang osong

    ReplyDelete

Lectures and Webinars for May 2024

MAY 3 - Permaculture Designs in the Philippines, 47th SOLVE Urban Agriculture: Approaches in Boosting Yields and Nutritional Value, SEARCA v...