Sunday, March 31, 2013

Indoor Milk Carton Garden Experiment

Before the Holy Week break, I sowed a bunch of different seeds indoors and outdoors. I wanted to know which seeds would germinate first. Outdoors, I used my tried and tested mini net house method where I would sow the seeds in pots and cover them with net bags. I've been doing that method for quite some time now; all of my lettuce came from that method. But right now the sun's very intense and I'm having a hard time germinating my seeds outside. It's a good thing the milk carton experiment work. The carton contains 50:50 garden soil and compost from Ato Belen's Farm. I sprayed it with a liberal amount of OHN before I left.




I harvested these cherry tomatoes, sweet basil, and Italian oregano for lunch. We'll make omelets later at Juju's house.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lectures and Webinars for May 2024

MAY 3 - Permaculture Designs in the Philippines, 47th SOLVE Urban Agriculture: Approaches in Boosting Yields and Nutritional Value, SEARCA v...