Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Healthy New Year to Everyone!


* Greetings! After spending half the year last year studying about organic agriculture at the UP Open University, I decided that this should be the year to pass on the knowledge to my family and friends. I have listed down five feasible goals for a healthy 2013:

Goal # 1: Provide myself with sufficient herbs, fruits and vegetables for consumption.
Goal # 2: Provide fresh produce for my family at least once a month.
Goal # 3: Teach organic farming methods to my family and help them setup gardens in their houses.
Goal # 4: Improve our cafe employees' diet with food from my garden.
Goal # 5: Conduct a workshop seminar in organic agriculture in the neighborhood and other small communities.


* My family and I just got back from Tagaytay for a four-day vacation at the Christian Development Center. Before the New Year, all the members of the family had a blood analysis and nutritional counseling with Ptr. Millet Buenafe. We found out from my blood sample that I was dehydrated, lacking in oxygen, acidic, and had too much caffeine in my blood stream. The counselor told me that if I can't let go of coffee, I should drink at least a liter of water for every cup (8 oz) of coffee. After that we all had green smoothies made from kale, lettuce, banana, and other leafy greens and fruits. The next day we visited an organic garden and drew some inspiration from it.


* Hopefully we'll get to encourage one another to stay fit and healthy. After all, it's much more expensive to go to the doctor than to maintain a healthy lifestyle! The experience also inspired me to consider adding green smoothies to our cafe's beverage menu (http://www.cafeantonioelbi.blogspot.com). Here's to good health, God bless!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lectures and Webinars for May 2024

MAY 3 - Permaculture Designs in the Philippines, 47th SOLVE Urban Agriculture: Approaches in Boosting Yields and Nutritional Value, SEARCA v...